Choosing the right humidifier for your home can be a pain in the neck, and when you have a baby it can be an even harder choice as you need to make so that it won’t disturb your baby while it is sleeping. After all, you’re probably up at every hour known to man to feed your baby, so you shouldn’t have to deal with your baby being woken by a loud humidifier.
So, here are the best humidifiers suitable for your home if you have a baby. But, before we get into them here are a few points that you need to look out for when choosing the right humidifier for you and your baby. Obviously the amount of noise it makes, and secondly look out for any unique features that are suitable for your baby.
A cool mist humidifier is a key tool to have in your home, especially if you live in cool dry conditions. Instead of using the traditional way by using a fan to blow air through a wick filter, the cool mist humidifier works by causing a small metal diaphragm to vibrate at an ultrasonic frequency. This causes the water to be broken down into small water droplets allowing it to become a fine water vapor to put back into the air in your home.
Crane Drop Shape Humidifier
This cool mist humidifier is great for adding moisture back into the air over a long period of time with its ability to hold up to 1 gallon of water at a time, making it suitable for your baby. The humidifier has a stylish design and comes in a number of different color options to coordinate with the decorating style in your home.
- This humidifier can provide top results by holding up to 1 gallon of water at a time and is capable of pumping out 2.3 gallons of moisture per day.
- Its whisper quiet ultrasonic operation runs continuously up to 24 hours, so that it won’t ever disturb your baby. The ultrasonic operation is an important feature since it does not heat up the water like a warm mist humidifier. THis makes it safer to have in your baby’s room since there is no risk of scalding if the water spills.
- Helps to increase moisture in the air which helps you to breath and have an easier night sleep, as well as helping to reduce cold, cough and flu symptoms for your child.
- It has a 360-degree mist nozzle and control nozzle for an easy way to change the setting so that your baby will have the exact amount of moisture in the air that they need.
- It can be quite difficult to add water as you have to hold the handle which is poorly made.
Overall, this is a good humidifier that has good features that are baby friendly, such as being quiet, as well as having a large capacity and a stylish design in a color of your choice to fit in perfectly within your home. This is a very good option to have.
Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier with Automatic Shut Off
This Vicks humidifier helps to add moisture back into the air. This is ideal for if you live in a cool dry area or your baby is experiencing dry skin in winter. One of the main downsides is that it is a warm mist humidifier. It does have a nice design so that you can see exactly how much water is left in it.
- The tank has a 1 gallon capacity, and when fully filled to capacity it can operate for up to 12 hours.
- It also has a quiet operation which makes it easier for you to comfortably fall your baby to fall asleep, as well as the soft glowing nightlight, which allows it to combine as a nightlight for your baby.
- The only downside is that with use it builds up with mineral deposits. This is a common occurrence if your water has a lot of minerals in it. You will need to clean it, usually every month, depending on how often you use the humidifier. Check out our humidifier cleaning article for easy ways to do this.
Overall, this is a fairly basic option and it does a good job and humidifies your home. It is very easy to refill, by simply unscrewing a cap and lifting it off its base. It is a good cheap option, but it is not a premium humidifier, although it does have some useful features for your baby.
Honeywell Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier
The Honeywell humidifier adds much needed moisture back into the air, whilst also removing harmful germs and bacteria at the same time, which helps to keep your baby healthy and free of colds. Running very quietly, this humidifier is stylishly designed and comes in two different colors, white and black.
- Helps to kill 99.9% of bacteria, mold and spores with its patented germ killing chamber technology.
- QuietCare technology helps it to run 25% quieter than the previous model, so that your baby will never be woken
- One full tank that adds moisture to the air for up to 24 hours.
- It also has an antimicrobial treated filter and automatic moisture balance filter.
- It is also break resistant and has a dishwasher safe water tank, making it easy to clean.
- There are no downsides that we could find with this product other than it is slightly bigger than others.
Overall, this offers a number of great features for both you and your baby, with its easy clean ability for yourself, and a quiet working sound and germ killing technology to jeep your baby healthy and fast asleep. This is a premium humidifier that is stylishly designed to look great in your home in either color.
The best humidifier for your baby is…
There are a number of great humidifiers on the market that are suitable for your baby. The best baby humidifier we reviewed today is the Crane Drop Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier. The fun shape and the fact that it is a cool mist humidifier are the two points that make this product stand out. Cool mist humidifiers are the safest kind of humidifier on the market today.
The second best humidifier for your baby is the Honeywell HCM350W Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier. This has a number of similar features to the Crane, such as the low noise level when it is operational.
In third place is the Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier with Auto Shut-Off. This is because it is very quiet and it also includes a unique nightlight feature to keep your baby asleep. However, this is a warm mist humidifier which means the water can be very hot inside the appliance.
All three are good options to choose, so it really depends on what exactly you are looking for in the humidifier for yourself and your baby.